Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Politics and Selfishness

On Politics: am thinking that I'm an Obama fan. I think he has more charisma than Hilary. I don't typically voice my political views on my blog, as they're severely limited. But I think that he would be a good presidential candidate. He screeches less when he's put on the spot. Shallow? Perhaps. But I think that this country might need a fresh face to be its representative, too.

On Selfishness: Aaron recently read Tony Dungy's book. And he said that he would like to utilize this year to make a positive impact. How very shallow I feel that my goal for the year is to compete in karate tournaments. Postive impact, schmositive impact. But I'm going to start that goal this Saturday by competing in a tournament in Muncie. I'm going to do it. And I'm totally freaked out now about it. But if I go just as a spectator, I am positive that I would totally psych myself out and not compete for a long time. I know I'm not ready. I know I will likely get my ass kicked. But if I don't ever try it, I'll really be upset with myself. You see, as a child, there were so many things that I wanted to do but psyched myself out of doing. Trying out for cheerleading, doing Girl Scouts, trying out for basketball, trying out for musicals, studying music in college, studying in Germany. You see, there are all kinds of things that give me a bit of regret now. So I'm going to do this on Saturday. I will post pictures of the bruising.

5 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

So you ARE utilizing this year for a positive impact! If you are working on yourself then everything around you will change for the good too. I think it is wonderful that you are not going to fall into old habits and even if you believe you are not ready physically, you are stepping out metally by taking the chance. You should be really, really proud! Reading this post me so wouldn't that be a positive impact?

I agree with you on Obama. Although I believe I am more a Libertarian... if I had to choose, Obama all the way baby! Hilary scares the f n crap out of me. E.V.I.L.

10:16 AM

 
Blogger Auntie said...

Update on the last post......

"Reading this post INSPIRED me so wouldn't that be a positive impact?"

10:17 AM

 
Blogger Kari said...

I agree with auntie, you are making a positive impact. Look at the example you are setting for your children as well!

I am super impressed! Kick butt baby!

10:30 AM

 
Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

If Aaron wants to make a positive impact this year, all he has to do isspend some time with Noah, taje him under his wing a bit. Male role models are a good thing. Aaron, Colin, and Noah could all hang out. How fun would that be? (Maybe you don't want to answer that....)

I am a new Obama fan. the Clintons just have too many enemies to get anything done. People really hate them, both of them.

6:35 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Obama is pretty cool. I usually consider myself a Republican (although I really fit in best with Libertarians) and am just not happy with any of the Republican candidates. McCain just rubs me wrong (too "white man old school" I guess).

You totally have to do the tournament! Or I will come out and kick your butt. ;)

10:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home