Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Friday, February 08, 2008

IU basketball....

...so Aaron and I are taking turns running from our house. Last night, Aaron went with his friend to BW's to watch the IU game. They left around 7ish to get a table and eat boneless buffalo wings and drink beer. While I didn't begrudge him the time away from the house (between karate and karate, I get time away!), I really did begrudge him the boneless buffalo wings. So I fell asleep pretty early (though I wasn't tired from a late night out on Wednesday, as I was home by 10:45...I know....shocking!) and didn't realize that he got in really early....His friend Curt had opted out of staying with us and instead went home, which is about 1 1/2 hour drive. So they left. Before it was over. And IU won in double OT. I feel bad for Aaron. I did send Curt a text message today making fun of him for leaving early!

...nothing else happening in the Byers world. We're gearing up for the twins' 5th birthday. I'm not sad about my babies growing up. I think I've said this before. Each stage brings new wonderment as a parent. New headaches, too. But the headaches from kids Collin's age aren't nearly as severe as those from the twins' age. I can't wait until they can control their emotions better! Which is rich coming from me, I know. And slowly but surely, we're coming along.

3 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

Is Collin suffering from "Magic Boobie" issues of his own? Young adults with hormone issues is not a good thing now is it?

Well, feeling some better...just sneezed all the gunk out of my nose..Ok..to much info..sorry!

10:30 AM

 
Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

I can't believe the twins are 5 years old. That seems so grown up, not little kids anymore, but bigger kids. I hope you don't boo hoo when they go to KG.

I was so happy when my kids went off to real school, but only because I got more time alone, and you won't really have that type of joy. Judy

4:18 PM

 
Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

Happy Birthday to the twins. Five years, can you believe it? WoooHoooo to your two little cutie pies.

8:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home