Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Monday, January 28, 2008

A Restful Weekend

....doesn't happen too often around here. But it was restful. Friday night was calm. I went to karate. I went to both the brown belt class and the Black Belt Club class. I go periodically to the BBC class to remind myself why I shouldn't go. The bonus this go around is that there were adults to work out with. The downfall is that we talk mostly. We don't work on our material. We work at getting our kids to be upright citizens. Which is all fine and dandy when Collin's at class with me. But I was on my own and just wanting a REAL karate class. But it's always fun to see my workout partners, so all was not lost.

....Saturday was spent celebrating Stephenie's birthday. Steph has been a friend for a long time now, and is part of my quartet of girlfriends who get together and craft and hang out. It's fun. Steph also has this wicked-cool theater room that we all envy. So our birthdays of late have consisted of getting together for food, either take-away or eating out...and then settling in their theater room for a chick-flick. Lots of fun.

....Sunday was spent relaxing again. You must think I was a lazy bum all weekend. I did clean two of our two and a half bathrooms and did the multitude of laundry (Katie...OMG how do you do it with two more people in the house???) that seems to sneak up on me throughout the week. But I did fit in a lot of relaxation..... Steph and Paul came over with their daughter Maggie. We all played with our respective counterparts and had just a wonderful and relaxing time.

Here's to more of those weekends. Let me tell you, I'm storing up the rest to be able to use it for the rest of the week. It's going to be a busy one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

I am glad you had a restful weekend, me, too. Until last night when Noah used a bad word. i told him before I am crackin' down, so he is grounded today.

5:07 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Glad you had a nice weekend!

That reminds me, I have laundry to do. ;)

9:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home