Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Crap (but Productive) Weekend.....

....OK, so there are many reasons why the weekend was crap....I've still been feeling ill, despite the fact that my stools are no longer emergent and liquid in nature....Griffin burst an ear drum, so Aaron wound up taking him to Emergent Care to affirm that it was, indeed, a burst ear drum. He is now the proud owner of a bottle of Omnicef. All of that took three hours of Aaron's time. None of which he'll get back......Collin's got a cold and is getting the flu....We're as broke as the day is long (of course, my "mad-money" spending habits have been out of control right now)....and the fucking Colts lost their game today. OK, so I'm a fairweather fan, but I'm totally sad that they let San Diego control the game today. So their 13-0 is now a 13-1. Let's hope for a good post-season, though!

....So, I just have to say that all is not lost. I did get a lot done today. All of my commissioned work is officially finished! :) Can I just give myself a pat on the back and tell you how happy this makes me? Hopefully I've been able to finish them in time for Tiff to give them all out. I still have to take pics of the album that I made for her, but here is a sneak peek at the covers. And if you look closely to the left of the calendars, you can see the cans that are red and green and say "Merry Christmas" on them? Those are gifts for Collin's specials teachers. I finished those this weekend, too. So, very happy with myself, I am. This evening, I also managed to wrap the calendars that I am giving as gifts. All eleven of them. (So that does make 21 of these damned things that I've done in the last month a half!)


So, now I think I'm going to go to bed. Am very tired and still feel ill. I'm not sure how acid reflux is supposed to feel, but if what I had last night was it, I know why babies SCREAM bloody murder when they have it. I do, in fact, remember getting this same deal when I was a kiddo. Not a happy time. So I'm going to go take a fist-full of meds and see about reading my current book "the Nanny diaries".

3 Comments:

Blogger tiffkindred said...

LOVE THEM!!!

Thank you so much! Hope you feel better.

Ox...t

10:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn, I kind of got you the Nanny Diaries for xmas :-( hmmm...well, off to shop again!

10:12 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

They look great! I can't wait to see mine in person. I hope everyone feels better soon!

8:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home