Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Winners Never Quit, eh?

So I'm in a fairly ticked off mood right now. I came in today to the property where I'm helping out (again). I don't mind it, and have gotten to the point where I'm trying my best to keep up, but not getting stressed out because I'm not keeping up. Make sense? No? Well, I'm tired, so let's pretend it makes sense. So, my job is to try my best to keep the flow of this property going until they find someone else to work here. There are a few things impeding this at the current moment. One, I'm working by myself at a property that would normally have two people. So it's hard to make things flow when you're by yourself. Two, there is someone here (who works two days a week) who isn't finishing what they started, so I have to finish up where they left off. This person took and accepted an application for an apartment who is supposed to move in today. This application was approved a while ago... nearly a month. But this person never finished out the lease paperwork. So I have to figure out what to do about that and get them all moved in today. Am a little shitty about this. But can't tell on this person because then it will just be that I'm complaining about her because they all think I hate her. I don't hate her. I just don't like working with her. It's a big convoluted story, and she doesn't like working with me, either, so it's not like this is a one-way street. But I seriously didn't think she'd do this to me. Make sense?? No? It's ok.

Now, on to the "winners never quit" thing.....I quit the scrapbook store this week. It's too much. What's funny is that I've only been there about three weeks or so now. I didn't even make it a month! Oh, well. But there are a few things that I don't like about working there. One...it's just not enough money or fun for the time away from my family. I miss them. Two...I'm in a position in my real job right now that I'm in charge of things. I do not like going in and being talked to like I'm five and that I don't know what I'm doing. Sounds awful, doesn't it? But the job wasn't that difficult to learn. And I worked hard while I was there. But it's just not me. I don't want to have to work all my weekends away. That's another thing. I told her last week that I wouldn't mind teaching classes on my weekend off. She somehow managed to equate that with me working. And somehow this manages to me working Sunday, missing yet another Colts game (missed last week's because I had to work). Nope, sister. When I told her that it was not my weekend to work and that I would kill someone if I didn't get the day off, she was fairly shitty with me. I'm sorry. I won't be pushed around. When I told someone else who worked there about it, she told me that when people don't want to work extra weekends like that, she tells them they're unreliable. Okaaay. See ya scrapbook store. It was fun for the short while it lasted.

Perhaps NOW is the time to get back on the happy pills???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home