Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

A New Venture....

... so I got a job at a scrapbook store. Am nervous and excited about it all at the same time. I've not done retail in almost 10 years, so this will certainly be something new for me. The upswing? I'll be selling PAPER! STAMPS! ooooh... am way excited about it. Am still a bit nervous on the time away from home, though. Griffin already thinks that all mommies do is work. I hate that he thinks that. He does think that mommies tickle, too, so I'm not a complete loser.

....The absolute funniest part of getting this job is when I went for the interview. I went during my lunch hour. And, well, people knew what I was doing. When I got back to my desk, I got an email saying that they were giving me a raise. I appreciate the guys and the fact that they know I need the extra money. And, well, damn it, I've been busting hump for them and really deserve it.

....I need to figure out what to do about Griffin, though. We're having to put the smack down on his behavior right now, though. He's not being the sweet cuddle bug that people should remember him as. He's being the turd that makes me wonder if his prematurity is going to bring about things that will make it harder for him to adjust to school. He sits in the cafeteria with his hands over his ears becaues it's too noisy. He will not take direction very well. Am hoping that these are things that we can remedy before they become huge issues that will impede his learning..... We shall see.....

Peace out, fine folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home