Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Well, I went to the March of Dimes Volunteer Leadership Conference, and I have to say that it was a good learning experience. I am going to be a team captain for a walk team this year, and I'm also looking into what else I can do for the charity. Because my babies were so incredibly premature, I could volunteer to be an Ambassador for March of Dimes. So many of the things that MOD has been a part of are what kept the babies alive those first few months. So this has become quite a mission for me.

Did you know that 1 in 10 babies in the US is born too soon? (before 37 weeks)
Did you know that March of Dimes helped fund the research for things like:
  • the Polio vaccine?
  • Surfactant therapies for extremely premature babies (like Erin and Griffin) so that they could breathe easier and get off the ventilator sooner?
  • education for Folic Acid in prevention of neural tube defects?
  • education for the promotion of Newborn Screenings (such as the Apgar) for EVERY child?

The list goes on.


For those of you who are the scrapbooking sort, I'm running a campaign of my own until November 16. November 16 is National Premature Awareness Day. The profits from any Leaving Prints order placed on my website : http://stephaniebyers.leavingprints.us between now and November 16 will go ENTIRELY to the March of Dimes. So, go ahead and place an order to help save babies! Not only will you get great scrapbooking supplies, you will get the satisfaction of knowing that you've helped the March of Dimes further it's mission!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home