Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

sheesh...

...been a long blogging break! Things have been a bit nutty in the Land of Byers. Not as nutty as when I was working at the scrapbook store.

...I've been on an exercise kick. It largely has to do with karate. I'm getting a bit slimmer, too, and am inching my way to single digit sizes! Haven't seen those in about 7 or 8 years now.... And I'm looking into doing a bit more with strength training. I don't want Madonna arms or anything, but I would like to be able to be stronger than a sixth grader. Where the hell is this coming from, you ask? Well, Friday we had a black belt club class at the dojo, and we did something called grappeling. You pretty much face eachother on your knees and try to get your opponent on your back. Well, the girl I was paired up with beat me. Later, I find out that she's a sixth grader. "Yeah, Mom, she's a sixth grader...I've seen her at school," Collin says. *sigh* Needless to say, I've been doing push-ups every day in order to gain some strength! I do them on my knees right now, but I want to get to the point where I progress to being in full-out plank stance for them.

...Not much else happening Chez Byers. We're in a good routine at the moment, and rarely deviate from it.....
  • Monday: work, dinner, Collin has Boy Scouts
  • Tuesday: work, dinner, Collin has karate class (he will be a second degree black belt this Fall!)
  • Wednesday: work, dinner, I have karate class and then go to a local bar for gin and Sprite with my karate classmates.
  • Thursday: work, dinner..... NOTHING!
  • Friday: work, black belt club karate class, dinner.
  • The weekend: various miscellaneous stuff that keeps us out of the house.

Keeps us on our toes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home