Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Adventures In Babysitting.....

.....I know...I am demeaning the field....Adventures in Childcare Providing just doesn't have that same 80's flair to it.

So yesterday was for shit. I worked 12 hours straight with about five minutes with everyone sleeping. Then the doorbell rang, and someone brought in their 13 month-old daughter and had let them sleep through lunch instead of feeding them.....grrrrr....

So yesterday I threw a big pity party for myself. I know that it's not always good to do this, but, then again, is it always bad to do it? I mean, I work 60 hours a week with maybe an hour in which I'm not taking care of someone else or cleaning. When the daycare kids all leave, there is still a lot of cleaning to be done, not to mention doing all the obligatory and necessary family things...like dinner and baths. Where is there just an hour to sit and relax? If I do have an hour, it's after all the kids have gone to bed (at 9:30 or 10 these days, if you count Collin as well...) and then I'm up to late, which only produces a crabby girl the next day. It just doesn't end......and it's driving me crazy.

So, I did what many Americans do in times of Pity Parties....I went out to dinner and went shopping last night.

My Pity Party was quite huge this go......I bought living room furniture! ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Sorry about your day but new living room furniture! That's great! What color, fabric, style, etc? Is it bad I'm so excited for you?

8:09 AM

 
Blogger Cath said...

Good on ya Steph, you deserve it! Don't know how you do it! I have regular pity parties and i dont have a job other than looking after the Coreymonster!

10:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home