Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A Day in the Life of the Zookeeper.....

I'm often asked how I do what I do....I just do....I don't really have a choice, because if I didn't do what I do, I'd qualify for food stamps...no lie. I probably would qualify anyway, as I don't really make all that much as the Zookeeper. But thankfully, we haven't needed to use food stamps yet. Anyway, you wanna sneak peak into my life? Here it is:

5:20 a.m. ---the alarm goes off...I camp out on the sofa and wait for the first daycare kiddo to get here at 5:30.
5:30-- the first kiddo gets here, and we go back to sleep....UNLESS, it's a day that the next daycare kiddo comes at 6:00...then I go back to sleep until 6:00...
(6:00--the next daycare kiddo comes, and I'm up)
5:30-7:15-- I nap with the kiddo beside me...
7:15-8:30-- I play cafeteria lady and serve between 2 and 8 kids breakfast.... sometimes spoon feeding a baby
8:30-10:00--the kids play and watch television while I take turns changing shitty diapers, putting clothes on for the day......now that it is nice, we may or may not go outside during this time...i'm also trying my damndest to turn a new leaf and do some activities with the kids...we're doing spring and flowers this week....
10:30-12:00-- Again, I play lunch lady, feeding between five and eight kids lunch, I change another load of diapers, sometimes shuffle girls off to preschool, and get everyone laid down for nap.
12:00-2:00-- My only semblance of a break....during which you can find me playing Literati, playing VJ for the ones who are not nappers, shushing the non-nappers, and sometimes cleaning up the mess left by lunch.
2:00-3:30--cafeteria lady comes out again to play as I dole out snacks that range anywhere from muffins to cheese sticks to graham crackers.
3:30-6:00 --- I can be found changing more shitty diapers, playing with the kids outside, and shuffling everyone home....handing communication notices to the infant/toddlers of the group.

After this, I'm pretty much wiped out, but still manage to help with dinner (Aaron usually does most of the cooking), get the babies ready for bed (Aaron and I tag team with this usually), occasionally read a book with Collin, and hide out playing Literati. I also occasionally use this time to scrapbook, go to Wal-Mart and buy shit for the next day, and occasionally hose myself off.....

It's a tiring day, but it has been working well for the last six months or so. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Leann said...

Oh! My! God! And I thought I had a busy day!

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

LOL on all the shitty diapers, I can only imagine how much trash you take out weekly. ;)

11:18 AM

 
Blogger crazed lunatic said...

OMG, Katie, you have no idea...it's so bad that the trash people made us get another hauler thing! ROFL

12:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home