......yes... I'm a neglectful blogger. I've been busier now than I ever have been in my life. It's both wonderful and crazy-hectic at the same time. Here's a bullet list of things going on:
- I've been crocheting anything that resembles yarn right now. I've made a ton of baby hats, two sweaters, and some kiddie purses. My first sweater is something that I'll really enjoy when I'm sixty, as it is a bit of a cross between a sweater and a poncho. The second one is much more cute and fitted, and is something I'm tempted to make in other colors. Anyway.... crochet is definitely taking up my time. I will eventually get around to posting some pictures. I haven't even taken any pictures of my second sweater. I'll get to it! :-)
- My friend Judy and I opened up an Etsy Store! You can find an array of homemade goods if you go to www.etsy.com and search the sellers for "thecraftfairy". We still have more stuff to post, so keep checking back!
- A person in my neighborhood has a brother who's a photographer. She helped me sort Girl Scout Cookies (more on that in a minute), and saw my hats and said that her brother might be interested in buying some from me. We'll see what happens, but something might be in the works! I'm terribly excited about the prospect and hope that something turns up from this. As always.... we'll see!
- Cookie Mom---because I can't say no, I'm the Cookie Mom for Erin's Girl Scout Troop. It's been a long ordeal, and it's almost over, but, aside from a few near misses, it's gone fairly smoothly. Sunday finds me outside Marsh at a Cookie booth. Here's hoping it goes smoothly!
- I've been teaching two nights a week at the dojo. It's been a fun experience so far. I am hoping to get it down to one long night instead of two shorter ones, but for the moment, it's been nice. Of course, with how busy everything's been lately, it's been hard to get to the dojo for other nights.
- I'm on a concert binge at the moment. On Feb. 19th, I went to see Chevelle and Sick Puppies... On Feb. 24th, I stood in line in full-out punk clothing in the driving wind (oh, that was laced with snow) to see Drowning Pool and Sevendust.... and on Mar. 8th, I will be going with Aaron's sister, my future brother-in-law, and Aaron to see Flogging Molly. So far, I've had more fun than you can imagine.
- I continue to be a Facebook junkie.
- Saturday I am going with a friend of mine to Columbus, OH to be with her as she does her very first karate competition. Despite the fact that it will be a long day, I'm terribly excited for her and can't wait to see this type of competition.
There you have it, blogging world.... I hope this finds you all well!