Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Friday, August 08, 2008

Funny....

....so Aaron slept out in the back yard in our camper...along with Griffin, Collin, and the men of a family of friends. Good times. And I got the bed to myself. Best night's sleep in a long time, despite the fact that I woke up before six. But it was solid, good sleep. Love it!


....my boss came back from a month-long trip away. The first thing he said was "You've lost weight again, haven't you?" The next thing he said was "Where did you get that bruise on your arm?" (Like he really needed to ask... he knows that it's from sparring. Though this one is particularly funny looking, as it's a perfect circle. Thanks, Melissa!) So we talk about karate and he keeps making fun of me, saying that he could still kick my ass. Simply because he's a man and taller and bigger. Forgetting that I'm likely to be quicker than he is. But anyway. So he said, "I might believe you if you could kick my head that you might beat me." So... I kicked at his head. I wish that I felt more confident in my kick. Because it's high. I just have visions of me getting taken down on my ass on a gym floor during a tournament. So that makes me a bit scared. At any rate, I believe that he's getting the idea that I'm not just blowing smoke up his ass about the karate thing. If I were a man, I'd so be beating my chest right now.


....after I kicked at his head, he told me that I needed to find a nice, calm, lady-like sport. HA!

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

Kicking your boss in the head might make him beleive that you had best get a raise to keep you on your nice behavior!

3:05 PM

 
Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

Actually I think Aaron must have slept with Cndy keever last night as another 3rd grade teacher was added at CRES

9:46 PM

 
Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

Perhaps you could take up knitting. Steph, rebeacca, me and Katie all do it. What's wrong with you? Too good for our litle hobby? Get those kiddies off your lap and get some knitting going on.

Me thinks you like to be the odd girl out about this.

5:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home