Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Welcome to the 21st Century....

....Last week, Aaron and I got cell phones. Yes, cell phones! What? You wonder why we didn't have them before? We didn't NEED them. And I suppose it's the same now. We dont' NEED them. It's just nice to have them now, with me on the road every day. I can say that in the past six years, it would have been nice to have cell phones a handfull of times. But I can tell you that when I get pictures from my sister-in-law of my new niecie, I am glad that I made the leap.

....The only other thing worth mentioning around here is last night's conversation with Katie. We were talking about the old saying "Everything happens for a reason." We've both agreed that we HATE that phrase. We don't care how much truth is held in those words. They still suck. And Katie said something that made me want to piss myself laughing at her.... she said, "Yep, and I just wanna say back, 'There's a reason why my foot is up your ass, too.'" That, my friends, is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I hate the phrase that "God doesn't give you more than you can handle." Hell yes, he does. Suicide? Lots of folks can't handle life and find heir own way out. Some things just suck, and some things are hard to get through, if you can. Rape? More than I can handle. Murder? More than I can handle.

Whenever people say that I get really bitchy all over.

3:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was recently at the Payless Shoe Store in Noblesville and saw some Airwalk ( fake crocs)shoes in streaky green and yellow. I knew they would be perfect for Spirit Day at school, but must have been feeling poor as I did not buy them. Noah and I went back to get them this week. Guess what?! There is not a Payless in Noblesville. Is not now nor has there been, according to several clerks at other stores. So just where was I? I wish I knew? None of the other Payless stores are near here. Damn, I am losing my mind, where could I have been? (Cue Twilight Zone music now....)

3:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judy - only shoe store I can think of in Noblesville (I live here :-)) would be Shoe Carnival, on 37, by TJ Max and barnes and noble...hope that helps...

and yes, Steph, I hate that "everything happens for a reason" shit too.. always heard it when I just got dumped by someone, and I'm like "yes, I know everything happens for a reason but that doesn't make me feel better!!!" People who say shit like that need to be shaken and told horrible, horrible things about the world to crush their view of life...just my opinion

can you TELL I'm tired of studying and shit? Grrr...

4:29 PM

 
Blogger Auntie said...

I saw some (fake crocs) at Walgreens today.

9:44 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Happy happy new cell phones! You forgot to share your ringtone though. ;)

10:19 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

I can not believe you JUST got cell phones! I had to get a new cell phone the other day and it was better than buying shoes or a purse. I LOVE my cell phone so much! LOL!

9:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott's ring tone on his cell phone? When I call him it rings with "We are Family" and when his business partner calls (He always has emergencies that never are emergencies, or sometimes not even slightly interesting news on their clients...)so his ring tone is "Mission Impossible". I asked for my ring tone to be "It's hard out here for a pimp" but he couldn't find it. I just thought it was funny. I love my phone but it is sold (2 or 3 years) that I don't have too many ring tone options. My phone plays "It's a Gift to Be Simple" which is a pretty little hymn, but I am ready to move on to a pretty little Razr phone and some cool tones.

2:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home