Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Thursday, June 08, 2006

First Meltdown....

...I know... already. It's been three whole days. *sigh* Apparently, I was right to worry about the way I dress. One of the girls had the "quick word behind a closed door" with me yesterday. And, being the sensitive girl I am, whose emotions go out her eyes no matter what, I cried. *kicks self in sensitive ass* I realized that all of these changes were affecting me much more than I wanted to let on. I'm stubborn like that. I miss my babies. I miss two hour phone calls with Katie in which we let it all out and try to change the world. *winks* I miss spending all day in my jeans and t-shirts. I miss not having to call anyone except Katie. There are many things I DON'T miss about my former life, but if you've been a diligent reader, you'll know what those things are.

...other than that, the new job is really going fine. I really like the people I work for. They've all been really nice to me.

Here is a list of things I did yesterday:
1. learned to use a paper shredder (no, it wasn't legal and important documents, but yes, i worked at Ernst & Young before, NOT Arthur-Anderson).
2. set up interviews
3. set up a voice mail message on one of the owners' phones
4. data entry.

Hey...glamorous it's not....but it ain't a-wipin' shitty asses, right? *winks*

7 Comments:

Anonymous M@ said...

"All necklines must be above the navel." ;)

9:14 AM

 
Blogger novaks8 said...

Were you dressing too scantily?

Geez when you watch TV, all the office workers and lawyers and such wear short skirts and low cut tops!

Is that not real life?

haha

9:35 AM

 
Anonymous judy said...

i told you that cone bras went out with Madonna in the 90's


i had hand surgery today so am typing with one finger on my left hand, and no, it is not my son's favorite finger. heehee

i am right handed and it is in cast now. i am still planning to go to stamp camp though. thank god that won't require typing or the need for capitalization, since i am unable right now.

3:05 PM

 
Blogger Auntie said...

Stephanie,

Judy came to the stamp camp and had some really happy drugs. I really wanted some but I didn't dare to ask because if I want my own, I should have my friend who lives in Texas go across the border and get them for me cheap. Want some?


HAHAHAHA

9:32 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

I miss you too!

9:27 AM

 
Anonymous judy said...

My new dog makes smelly toots.

It's true...and she follows me around the house. Maybe the boys are just too noisy for her.

I am back to my two finger typing now. But my wrist? Ow! I wish someone would steal my children so I could get some sleep. I leave them alone and unattended on the street, but they just find their way home again.

9:53 AM

 
Blogger nain said...

Hope everything gets a little easier with the new job...one week down! I miss you guys - maybe sometime next week, I can take the evening off and come visit? If not, I'm sure I'll see you guys at Riley's baptism and at father's day...but still I miss you guys! Sigh, back to the studying...

11:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home