Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Boy, and the Man....

....so I have to brag on Collin and Aaron today. I work my way through my bragging from smallest to tallest.

...Collin, who is known for his sweet and ultra-sensitive disposition, told me the other week that he wanted me to buy some Yu-Gi-Oh cards for his friends. You see, I'm one of those over-indulgent parents who will go to hell for leather to find a rare card or game for her child. So sue me. Anyway, we talked about it, and I told him that we would have an "un-birthday party" for his friends when they came in so that he would have an excuse to give them these rare, and rather expensive, cards. But, I did tell him that since they weren't really birthday presents, that he had to chip in half the money for the cards. At which he didn't bat an eyelash. I love that my kid will give so freely. I hope that this is something that he will continue later in life. And I would love to think that I somehow helped instill this in him. Can I just say how much I love this kid?

...Now we move to Aaron. As many of you know, he participated in this years' Indianapolis Tour de Cure, a charity bike race to raise money for the American Diabetes Association. Well, his intention was to participate in the 50K race, an impressive 31 miles. Instead, he somehow made it into the 75K race. Coupled with a couple laps around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and he rode something like a whopping 54 miles today! I couldn't be prouder of my little man! Not only that, he was able to raise $215 for the cause. Can I just say how much I love him, too?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

$215.00?! Wow! Shop for some new work clothes, I say. For you, Steph, not Aaron.

3:56 PM

 
Blogger Cath said...

Wow thats brilliant! Huge congrats to both the men in your life!

6:17 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Awesome! Although I'm still giggling thinking about Aaron in biker shorts.

Have fun with the un-birthday!

8:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home