Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Friday, June 16, 2006

Happy Friday! TGIF!

...today kicked my butt. It was a good day, but oh, so very busy. The company that I worked for doubled in size within the last month.... yes, DOUBLED. Gives me a job, though, so I'm not complaining. Today, the employees of the new business came in to meet the corporate office staff. They had lunch, got the pep talk, and all that good jazz. The funniest bit? I was introduced as the OFFICE MANAGER. NOT the Administrative Assistant or Receptionist. The fucking office manager. CRACK MY SHIT UP, I've been promoted! *falls off chair laughing* Despite the fact that my position is a bit glorified by the title, it makes me feel good to know that they value my position enough to not just refer to me as the receptionist/administrative assistant. Not that these titles are somehow "less than", but these are often positions that don't get much merit in corporate America. Honestly, the people I work for all have the best hearts. They're not my old EY group, for which I still pine, and have plans to lunch with later. BUT, I think that I'm starting to learn their personalities, and know that they're going to be good to work with. *crosses all appendages that I'm right on this one*

... Anyway, combine the typical work that I will be helping with on a Friday, I also got to clean up after the meeting. FORTY boxed lunches that I had to figure out how to bag up and put in a position that the cleaning staff would know to take out for me. It wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be, despite the fact that I spent nine hours at work today. *whines* Besides, those who clean up get the extras, don't you know. And Chick-fil-A has the best damned brownies, dontchaknow. Damn, I love boxed lunches. *cringes at the weight gain associated with this...*

3 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

Titles looks good on resumes too! LOL!!!

Sounds like you had a day like I did. Not that it was bad, just busy....

Went to Archiver's Friday night. hehehehe

7:50 AM

 
Blogger Cath said...

WOW, lets hope the Ofiice manager title sticks hun!

1:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need a maid to come and clean. i just can't do it with my right hand bandaged. Good excuse, eh? The bathrooms escpecially need rubber gloves used in conjunction with cleaning. How's Aaron keeping up with the housework and cooking while you are employed elsewhere?

And did Rebecca really go to Archiver's without us? That makes me a little sad. Okay, sad for me, happy for her to shop and look all she wants without interruption.

2:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home