Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Perhaps I should try to Be a Girlie-Girl After All.....

OK, so I just hopped out of the tub. I now have a red ass and red cheeks, because I really like HOOOOTTTT water, but I'm so much more relaxed than I have been in a long time. Am planning on drinking more in future, too. ;)

We went to an outlet mall this afternoon and dropped more money than I thought possible. Aaron's fully kitted out for the new school year, sans a new pair of boots. Autumn's still a little way away, though, so we still have time. I was also able to score some new duds for myself. Aside from clothing that I can wear outside with the tots, I haven't really bought much new for myself in a while. I got a new pair of shorts (that are a bit shorter than I usually wear, but didn't look hideous...though I swear they do something to the mirrors in fitting rooms, because it never seems to look as good or fit as well when you get it home! ROFL), a dress, and a few tops. Oh, and a little hoochie-mamma skirt that Aaron convinced me to buy that I definitely will be wearing full-bottom undies with! No Bridget Jones-like scenes for me, thankyouverymuch!

I also got the twins some pull-on shorts, as we're starting to potty-train in earnest now. This is some scary shit for me, as I'm already tired enough. It's tough work sometimes! ack! But, when we got home, both kidlets peed on the potty!! So hopefully that is a good sign. Erin still just pees down her leg like it's no big deal, but we'll see. Cross your fingers for me!

OK, hope everyone's having a good weekend!

Gina, I wish I lived a bit closer, I'd come help you pack, girlie! Congrats on the sale of your house, and good luck with all your move plans to Hawaii! I shall be coming to visit you soon! ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

((hugs)) Congrats on the new clothes!

8:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo gotta love hoochie-mamma skirts. When you going to come to Maryland so we can see it.

10:45 AM

 
Blogger Cath said...

Cool! Nothing like new clothes as therapy i say!
Glad you got to spend some money on you!

4:10 PM

 
Blogger cmhl said...

ohhhh, bummer on the lobster butt, I presume it has turned back to it's normal color by now. worth it to have a hot bath though, huh?

6:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home