Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Work....

...quote of the day: "You work that you may keep pace with the earth and the soul of the earth. For to be idle is to become a stranger unto the seasons, and to step out of life's procession, that marches in majesty and proud submission towards the infinite." -- Kahlil Gibran

Kahlil, dude.... I work that I might eat, for to be idle is to go hungry.

That aside, I really do like my daily calendar. The ones I really like are taped on my monitor. Many of them have to do with kindness. And what's funny is that I actually had one of my colleagues call me today simply to thank me for always trying to be polite and nice about things, even when I'm telling people that what they've done is incorrect.

I try. I don't always succeed (ask Aaron and my family, especially.... or the unfortunate ones at work that just push me over). But I do try. There is no sense in not being kind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

That quote is for people who live in the wilds of Alaska and live off the land.

I think you are the Queen of Kindness!

5:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home