Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Friday, February 06, 2009

Compassion...

...my calendar quote for the day: "Each of us in our own way can try to spread compassion into people's hearts." None other than the Dalai Lama said it. And, while there are days I go from Sweetness to Unkind Bitchiness in 5.2 seconds, this is something I try to live each day. I'm not always patient and kind. BUT, I do know and have access to people each day who don't even make a half-hearted attempt at following this philosophy. And it's sad. Because it takes so very little to make a person at least feel tolerated. And that's all I'd ask out of people. You don't have to love me (but thank you if you do!), but tolerate me. That's all. And it's not that hard (well... for those of you who tolerate me, I know that there are times it is. And thank you for that, too.).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are much more than tolerable...you are very lovable - bitchiness and all! I hope you have a safe trip visiting your grandpa this weekend if that's still in the works. Stephenie

8:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home