Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Body Rx....

... so the new program I'm thinking of trying is called Body Rx. We'll see how it goes. He has some very conventional viewpoints on nutrition. High amounts of lean proteins. Low amounts of starchy carbs. High amounts of fiber. However, he has some very unconventional viewpoints as well. Eating as much of the good stuff as you want. Not counting calories. Not stepping on the scale.

...He also has some very unconventional viewpoints on exercise. Screw cardio, he says. Do weightlifting.

...and while I can't say that I'll be able to subscribe wholeheartedly to his program, I am going to see about making some long-lasting changes to my diet and exercise. I can't subsist on fewer than 1,000 calories most days, with days where my lunch alone has 1,500 calories. It's just not good for my body. I know that my body needs more protein and fiber. I just have to find good ways of getting it.

...and am still debating on whether the high-fructose corn syrup scare has a ton of merit. Kind of like the global warming thing. Sometimes it makes perfect sense... other times. Who knows who's right anymore?

....So I'm going to make some changes. Going to eat more protein and less carbs when I can. I'm going to make sure that I get weights into my regimine. But I'm probably not going to go whole-hog into anything. I like where I'm at right now, as far as body shape. Thanks to Facebook photos, I'm finally seeing just how much I have changed my body. I don't really need to change it more. But I know that I can be healthier. Leaner, stronger. I'm not going to go all bodybuilder on you guys. But I like that I can become even stronger.

... I am man-woman! Hear me roar.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

You go girl! I need to be more diligent about watching what I eat.

Do you think working out makes you more hungry? It does me!

8:57 AM

 
Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

Sounds like you should load up on chicken kebabs from Kebab Korner to me.You can have a bit of the tasty rice on the side, but all that grilled chicken is a yummy goodness.

9:03 AM

 
Blogger Alaina said...

Wow, good luck with sticking on the program. Me, I can't do the weight-lifting because of my heart so I have to load up on the cardio...I've always felt like I've been missing out on that, though, because it'd be nice to build some muscles. Good luck!

9:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's interesting Alaina. I would have thought the cardio would be more risky for someone with heart issues. Stephanie, you're amazing - you already look so great and get so much physical exercise and yet plan to do more. You're my idol. ;) Stephenie p.s. Thanks for the title of the program.

10:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home