Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tidbits...

  • Griff's finally fever-free and back at school today. Am thankful that it appears so far that this illness was short-lived.
  • Got new sparring gear yesterday. Am anxious for tomorrow to try it out.
  • Am trying not to be nervous about Saturday, which is my first karate tournament as a black belt. I know that I'm nowhere near where I want to be as far as competing. But then again, there are only so many dojo hours in the week. Oh, well.
  • Had class last night, and did some kata to try and prepare for Saturday. A girl who'd come as a friend to another black belt complimented me, saying how good she thought I was. That makes me feel good, but I still don't see myself in that light.
  • Also at class last night, we did a fighting drill with the guest sensei. He's the one who usually brings in his sticks for us to do stick fighting, and has some really neat drills and workouts to share. Love it when he's around.
  • The economy is really starting to scare me a bit.
  • Tonight I'm going to help Judy out by cutting Noah's hair. He wants it cut close, but she's nervous about it. If all else fails, it's a free cut, and his hair will grow out again in a few months. I think we'll be able to start out with the longest attachment and work our way down from there. Maybe I'll cut Griff's tonight, too. He's looking a bit shaggy.
  • Speaking of Shaggy, Collin's letting his hair grow. Everyone keeps razzing him and us about needing to get it cut. But you know what? If he wants to express himself that way, I'm not going to tell him he can't. It's only hair, after all. Now, if he starts going all Shaggy and has the munchies more than the average teenage boy, I'll start to worry. *winks*

2 Comments:

Blogger SuperSillyAunt said...

That last one made me chuckle!

10:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last one made me chuckle too. Well if he takes after you and Aaron - you really don't need to worry about that one. Stephenie

7:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home