Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Monday, May 19, 2008

A Little Over Two Weeks....

....and my daily commute will not include the Gruesome Twosome. Can't tell you at this point how excited this makes me. Next year, they will be going to school. Kindergarten. Perhaps later on I will wax nostalgic about the fact that they are growing up. But not now. Now I'm counting down the days.

...before you consider me the worst mother in the world, you would have to see life when things don't go precisely as either twin has planned. I give it a few tries of being preschool-teacher-patient before I explode. This morning, it was a knock-down-drag-out over shoes. Yes, it was Erin's turn to get screamed at and get spanked. Yes, spanked. Why? She wanted to wear a pair of black patent leather shoes to school today. And it's a beautiful day here at the Crossroads of America. So they will be going outside today. And no, she didn't want to lose the shoes. So I tried to patiently tell her that she needed to wear different shoes so that she could play outside. And she screamed at me. I asked her twice to get different shoes. Then I took the black shoes off of her, put them up high, and proceeded to give her some swats on the bottom. And then I screamed at her. Why, yes, mother of the year I'll never be. And I'm OK with that. But at least she had on soft soled shoes when she got to school this morning. A bruised bum, yes.... a broken arm from falling on the playground...nope.

...thank goodness there is only one of her. She's probably saying the same thing right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Its always good to hear of mothers experiencing the same thing that we are! I generally curse when Im getting the kids in the car. I wish I could see what I look like when I get upset with them but then again maybe not!

1:58 PM

 
Blogger Auntie said...

No one should judge you unless they walk in your shoes. Your kids know they are loved and will know that long after they are to big to be spanked....

8:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home