Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Busy Weekend...


...so against better judgement I did the Race for the Cure this weekend. I've seriously not walked that much in a long time. Five miles is a lot when you're a sedentary bitch like me. (***ETA that I know the race itself was only 3 miles, but I figure I probably walked about a mile each way to my car...) So I took a nap Saturday afternoon. We called some friends on a whim and went to hang out with them. We ate at a dive of an Irish pub and tried to contain our five children. The kids played together nicely, which I love. And the girls all decided that they NEEDED to go to the bathroom simultaneously. Which is all good, unless it's a TINY bathroom. Tiny.


...Sunday found me up early again to help out with a Boy Scout pancake breakfast. It was in efforts to raise money for one of the boy's Eagle Project. He did pretty well, and is on his way to raising money. But he's got a ways to go, I think. He's busted major hump to get things under way, and it brings tears to my eyes that he's worked so hard. His project is to renovate a bathroom in his church where the homeless women of our area come to wash and to clean their children. A HUGE undertaking. But he's doing it. The boy is just a wonderful kid, and I'm glad that he is Collin's friend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute cute picture! Yeah, I was beat after doing those 3 miles on Saturday (5K). We didn't walk fast, but that really wore me out, too. Mom has some really cute pics to share of everyone.

Have a lovely Monday! Looking forward to going out with you guys on Saturday!
~Alaina

9:57 AM

 
Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

We were at Don Pablo' last wekend and agroup of 11-12 year old girls all had to go to the bathroom simultaneously. I waited and waited for them to finish, but I had to go. They were going into the stalls, locking the doors and crawling out. OMG! I did that as a kid and thought it was so much fun. As an adult? It was all I could do not to grab them by their hair and drag them back to their parents.

5:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home