Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Bad Karma??

...so I am not sure what is wrong with me, but I think it might have something to do with my kidneys. And I think I've let it go on this long because I don't want someone to tell me to stop drinking diet Coke. But after Sunday's scare and the continuous pain in my back for the last couple of months, I think I'm ready to have someone tell me a lifestyle change is in order. Just not sure how I'm going to give up the diet Coke. I really like cold fizzy caffiene over warm caffiene. Call me crazy. So I call the doc yesterday, get patched through to the nurse, and never hear from them. As I'm waiting for them to call back, I get a call from the kids' school. They had a major power outage due to weather and a blown transformer....needed to go get the kids. So I go... mind you, it's starting to sleet and rain ice. I get in the car, realize I'm going to be stuck on the highway if I get in stopped traffic, because I'm on empty. So, I make a few turns and try to get to a gas station. Know that there is one on a certain intersection, so I make like hell for it. Get to the intersection and make a few turns only to realize that there are only two ways to get to the gas station and neither are the way that I think I can get there.... so I sweat it into the station. Get out of the car, and it's a freaking thunderstorm of ice. After being pelted while filling my car, I slide all over the road to get back to the school. Only to see all the freaking lights on! I get into work this morning, and the nurse left a message on my work phone at 4:30. Nice.

...So I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to see if they can figure out what is wrong with me. I would think that the pain in my back is from karate had I not had the issues that I had on Sunday night (most of which are gone now...).

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

Both rebecca and Scott were out in bad weather yesterday and running their cars on empty. I thought it was just because they are not Moms and are not prepared for any emergency.

I went to the gas station today and gas was $3.15. Yowza! No wonder ya'll had no gas in your tanks either. I filled up, because I was low (not near E though) and I knew the enxt time I need gas it will be a freakin' ice storm on my head, so i got gas while the gettin was good, though the prices sucked!

2:39 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Hope you find something out about the kidneys. I've kinda given up Mountain Dew over the last week, it hasn't tasted "right" since I was sick.

8:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home