Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Favorite Picture of The Season So Far....


I haven't found a good way to take pictures of the Christmas tree to capture the beautiful glow of the lights without having fuzzy pictures. Am thinking that once I get a better camera, I might have better luck? If you have ideas on how to get the Christmas mood without the blur, let me know. I just loved that the kids were watching intently as Aaron put the garland on the tree.....
What you don't see is that my biological mother is seated to the left of Erin, and Aaron has brought out the tree to keep himself busy during our not-so-bad-but-still-never-gonna-be-right visit earlier this month.
So tomorrow I'll be meeting with my girlie-friends for some good food, visiting, and a lop-sided gift exchange. They are being very sweet about the fact that I've not been able to complete their presents. Of course, two of them have had their presents done well before the trees went up. The other one (who happens to share the same name as me) is taking part of the day off to finish her presents. Now I REALLY feel guilty! But, they will open something....just not their real gift. And I love them for their patience with me.
Aaron's nursing a rattle in his chest that makes him sound like a Dementor (waves to all the Harry Potter fans). He's been off work for a while, and it's driving him crazy. I can't blame him. It really does suck to nearly hack up a lung every time you stand up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

Being off work keeps him away from mrs. n though, and that's a good thing. Who knew that helping others would suck the life out of you?!

If you feel any better, Mrs. P did not spend her time off making our presents. If she has nothing for me tomorrow, I am kicking her out of the homemade gift club! I'll just make presents for myself next year.

5:30 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

OMG Steph, I love that picture! And then I was incredibly shocked to read that your birth mom was actually there at the time! Wow!

7:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home