Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Rain....


...so it's no joke that we're experiencing a bit of a drought right now. Today, we finally get some rain. My lawn is thankful, for it's starting to look like we live in Arizona rather than Indiana. And I'm truly thankful for this rain. You don't know what you got until it's gone, right? I love green lawns. The lawns are a far cry from lush and green this year. They're dead. So hopefully this rain will bring a bit of the green back.
...the downside to the rain?? I won tickets to see "the Fray" tonight downtown....and, well, they're lawn tickets. *sigh* BFL syndrome is back. I don't know, though, maybe it will stop for a few brief hours this evening.
...created another few pages last night. Am getting to the cute, sleeping and snuggling twins pics that are probably the only fun things about having twinfants. Journaling is sparse for many of these pics because I've long since forgotten most things about them being babies. It was not an easy time for us. At the time, it didn't seem so bad, and I didn't feel like I had much of a reason to whine.....Pondering the fact that I don't remember a lot, maybe I did have a reason to whine more when they were little. At this time, we were still doing round-the-clock mandatory feedings...still giving medicine eight times a day.....still worrying about whether the monitors would be going off for real this time.....still trying to figure out who was going to stay home and who was going to work.....And then when I ponder all this, it throws the fact back in my face of just how fortunate we are. The two who gave us so many scares are now giving us typical, rotten pre-schooler scares....and that's how it should be.
....by the way, you know how I said yesterday I hoarde paper? This is that type of thing... I bought this last year (I think...). After my post yesterday, I thought maybe it was time for this paper to have its special place in an album. So I used it. I'm trying to make sure that the twins have separate albums, so Erin has a version of this, too....it's got pink instead of blue. *grins*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right now I am just trying to get caught up on putting my pics to paper. Then I'll take time to type up a few memories and put those onto the pages. The great thing is I can type once, and put the same journaling on each kids' pages!

3:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got no rain at all down here in Columbus, what a bummer! Hopefully it didn't rain on you guys at the concert last night!
Alaina

6:53 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Very cute! I need to get back into scrapbooking or I'm not going to remember anything to journal. Although thankfully I am caught up enough that my blog may come in handy (scrapbooking August 2004, been blogging since October 2003).

Hope you had fun at the Fray concert! I'm so jealous you got to go out and with free babysitting!

9:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home