Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

You Are an Obsession, you're My Obsession....

....now that the ball has started rolling, I can think of nothing else but getting this new job. The potential for only working 40 hours a week (as if that's a SHORT workweek!) and actually having a little energy left over for other necessary and fun things...like cleaning (my life's fun knows no end), is so exciting to me. So here's a further update for you all.....

....I talked to my friend Julie last night, and she would take the twins for a very reasonable amount. Which is her normal charge for two kids, but spread out over 52 weeks, instead of the normal rate just when the twins are there. So we will be paying during the summer, but it will be less all at one time. And the charge wouldn't be too much more than one child at regular rate. This also helps Julie out, because she would be getting a standard rate for the entire year, but would have less kids at breaks and summer. So she could potentially get a week off and still be paid! I think I could manage this. We shall see. Shelling out fat cash for daycare is a bill that will make us suck in our breath at first, but I think we'll get used to this. Plus, there will only be a few more years of having to pay any daycare at all. And, like I told my potential employer....I'm not having any more babies! LOL (I offered this information...he in no way asked about this!)

....So it all boils down to whether this will all work out. It's now in my potential bosses' court to determine whether they still want me. This means some crazy days ahead, and some potential weeping and gnashing of teeth, but I think it will be worth it!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steph, I am SO there with you on the waiting game with the job search...it really sucks, doesn't it? I am sending good luck vibes your way!

btw, nice 80s song reference :-)

9:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also run a home daycare and I dream of having a job outside my home. I Love all my kids but how nice to be able to work without a kid handing on your leg. Good Luck

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Cath said...

OO Steph, it sounds like you really want it so i wish you all the luck in the world!

3:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha, I keep checking to see if you hear anything about the job - keeping my fingers crossed!

5:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home