Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Busy Ol' Day Today....

....I got up earlier than my usual 10:00 lie-in this morning. Why? To go with some awesome friends of mine to Archiver's in southern Indy. We had a blast. I really did a good job of restraining myself, but was soooo tempted to buy a TON of stuff. Mostly stuff I didn't need, so I opted for a set of envelope templates, an embossing "punch", and some Making Memories baby rub-ons. I got to eat at Pizzeria Uno, too, which I devoured. They have an excellent salad with walnuts and gorgonzola on it. After the salad, I had a Spinocoli pizza. Awesome stuff.

....I then came home and scrapbooked while the twins played outside and then later slept. For the first time, I wrote something a little more heart-wrenching in my journaling. Daddies wouldn't get this, but it was about the guilt that a mother feels when her body is unable to carry a baby to term. Most of my guilt has abated somewhat over the last three years, but only because I have been among the lucky ones with such a premature baby. Many have far more long-standing issues than Erin and Griffin have had. But the guilt that my body dumped them out at 26 weeks is something that only time has been able to heal somewhat. I think that a bit of that guilt will forever be with me. ANYWAY, they say you need to scrap these things in life, too, so I have.

...After Erin woke up from her nap, and Aaron came home from Lowe's, I took the kids to my friend Judy's house for an egg hunt. Said egg-hunt was supposed to have taken place last night, but the weather and not getting to supper on time prevented us from our planned night-time egg hunt. Her boys did go out and get some of the eggs, which I'm happy they were able to do. It was a bit warm out, but the kids had a blast. I will post pictures of this tomorrow or the next day.

...And tonight, I gave the kids another round of hair cuts. Some days I feel so freaking confident in my abilities as an amateur hairdresser. Today was not one of them. Sorry kids!

I hope that everyone has a very Happy Easter! May the weather cooperate with you more than ours has!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY EASTER! See you guys later!

8:52 AM

 
Blogger Auntie said...

Nice post.

4:38 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Happy Easter!

5:55 PM

 
Blogger Auntie said...

What happened in your Easter world today?

7:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home