Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Tale Of Twin Toddlers....


Why is it that no matter what you do, there's going to be a bunch of jealousy when it comes to toddler siblings. And this said jealousy is no doubt going to plague me for the rest of my life??

Prime example. We've moved the babies from their cribs to toddler beds. Well, Aaron's parents had a toddler bed leftover from when they kept Collin over night during our college days. So, why buy two of the things when we only need one, right? Well, I found at a local resale shop a Wiggles toddler bed. Perfect for Griffin, who is already showing signs of being a promising singer/songwriter (haha). So, I know that I need to do something special for Erin's bed, as so not to make her feel like the kid who gets the sloppy seconds (though I found out she gave two shits about it and never once complained that her brother had the better bed). Well, Martha Stewart I'm not, but I'd bought all the things to contruct a canopy to fit over her bed, only to have the good old mother-in-law go out and buy one that she'd found on deep discount (though, not five-finger, in case you were worried). So, we hang on to said canopy until we get the time and energy simultaneously to put it up. And, well, Aaron finally found both simultaneously while I was out last night. I came home to Aaron telling me that Griffin was mad at me. So, I march up to their room to see why on earth this little sprite of a two-almost-three year-old could be upset with me. I ask, "Griffin, are you mad at Mommy?" "Yesth," he replies. "I want Thomasth Printhess."

Oy..... I can't win!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi Swapp's site says "These aren't like other rub ons that are available on the market." No shit. Hers suck. Who ever heard of tracing the outline of a rub on? let me know if it works. My Friggin arm hurts really bad from my fall last night on the ice. I would have cursed loudly but I didn't know the people I was with well enough. I might have scared them away forever. Oh, and I dropped the ornament I made last night and it smashed to bits all over my scrapping area this morning.

1:15 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Too cute! Never realized how tricky it could be to keep things "equal" between boy/girl twins.

2:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More about me. So, Noah has an eye appt at the same place your kids go, with the same guy. I don't want to name them because I still need to be a patient. The docs office calls at 2:30 about my 3:30 appointment. They ask if I can leave now as it is starting to snow and it's best to get people in before it gets worse. Great. I run to school and get Noah early and drive down Meridian to the doc office. I get there at 4:30. Yes, 4 friggin 30. Over an hour and a half on the road with slow people and no sign of an accident. A lot of it was just sitting in traffic. Which is always so fun. So I get there and check in and finally someone comes from the back and asks why I am there in the waiting room because all the docs went home at least 20 minutes ago! Then I drive another friggin hour home in this icy shit as it turns dark. So, dinner is not cooked and we area all hungry and I am tired. But, I will manage to stay awake and watch ER tonight. Damn, I need to a drink in a bar with a girlfriend. But I ain't going back out in this. Actually the roads aren't all that bad. It's all the people on the roads that were bothering me. Don't THEY know the roads are slick and THEY should stay home?!

6:31 PM

 
Blogger Village-Idiot said...

nice little setup, the house is lookin' great. I doubt they'll ever out grow the jealousy. they all want their fair shake.

9:40 PM

 
Blogger Auntie said...

Maybe you should look into getting him a white canopy..wouldn't that be so cute!

11:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home