Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Friday, October 14, 2005

Rough Day today.....

.....but I have reinforcements! So that makes the ride a little more worthwhile! ;)

....so last night I went to pick Katie up from the airport. We got home an hour later, but stayed up way too late talking. I miss having someone to do that with me. I hate that the future might put more distance between us, but am so glad that she's here with me today.

...Aaron and I had a spat last night. He seems to think that even if I took this nanny position, that I'd still be unhappy. I don't think that if I just had two kids and the energy to work part time that I would be unhappy. And if I worked this job, I could do just that. I would have two other days to work (four, technically), plus evenings. That leaves a lot of time left with which to put a few hours of work. And, depending on the job I'd get, it wouldn't be that many hours, and I'd still have no daycare bills. Or very little with daycare bills. Who knows? The bottom line? I'm still keeping my options open. In two hours, I'll have a phone interview. And a slew of things next week for the job search. So I'm not just simply counting on having this nanny job, either. But he didn't seem to think that, and made fun of me for saying what I felt, when I just really needed him to listen to what I was thinking. So typically male. Not that I'm perfect, by any means. I hit below the belt, figuratively, when I get mad, and I sure threw a tough punch last night.

....so, there you have it. My lunacy for the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

How did the phone interview go? Call me..........

9:08 PM

 
Blogger Fiber-4-U said...

I dunno about the nanny thing. Hate to say it, but Aaron might know you well enough to be right about you ending up not liking it.

But if you *do* go that way, come move to Hawaii with me and be Felix's nanny !! It was 85 today with a nice breeze...

12:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home