Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Not Much Ado....

.....I did a dry-run on a resume yesterday, and have now handed it to a handful of people to look at and critique. Part of me knows that this is going to be a good move for me. But that other, mommy-guilt-ridden part of me looks at both my own children and the daycare children, and cringes.

.....It's not that I feel like doing daycare is somehow "beneath" me. It's just that I'm really realizing now what Aaron has told me all along. I'm not a daycare person. I love kids. But I don't love to be with ONLY kids. There's the difference. I'm tired of always being needed by a crying toddler. I'm tired of my house being utterly and completely destroyed (irregardless of whether or not I'm constantly in the same room as them). I'm tired of working nearly 60 hours every week.

....I'm just tired.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Hence "a very tired mommy" nickname. ((hugs)) I do think you need more adult interaction. And I'm sure the twins will enjoy whatever daycare provider you find for them. Good luck, I'll be hoping something comes along soon for you.

7:43 AM

 
Blogger Cath said...

Good luck honey. AM job hunting myself :)

8:01 AM

 
Blogger tiffkindred said...

If you ever need any help I normally go in at noon, so i can cover for u if you have an interview... Just an idea.. i know we havent met, but i have several references, and i want to see you happy! Well hear about your happiness! I am back to blogging... i felt like i had all this built up tenseness(if that is a word)..so "i'm Baaaacccckkk!
Wishing you a most wonderful day!
...Ox...t

1:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home