Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

A BEAUTIFUL DAY....

...omg, it couldn't have been more beautiful today. I got up early with the kids....ya know...the 8:30 that they were able to wake us up this morning. I turn on Noggin and lay back down and sleep until 10:30. The twins didn't tear up too much, but sure managed to bring a lot of toys into what should be deemed toyless territory.

After lunch, we repeated the trip to Dick's sporting goods, so that Aaron could buy the treadmill-like thing for his bike. So when it's too cold, he won't have to go outside to bike. He's training for the Tour de Cure, which will be in June. We then feasted on quesadillas from Qdobe. I have been eating Easter candy like a freaking maniac, so I wasn't really going to be able to eat the huge mound of tortilla and cheese that I ordered. *sigh* This will not help me at all in my quest to lose weight, will it? hehe

We went home afterward and put the twins down for the nap, and Aaron went for a bike ride and I scrapped. Felt so good to sit down and try to create! I find that I'm limited when I build a page around a few accents, rather than the pictures themselves. Was very strange to pair purple and hunter green for a page. Those are two colors that my sorry butt just doesn't like to scrap! Felt very much out of my comfort zone. But stretching my creative muscles was good for me.

I just spent an hour and a fortune at Wal-Mart. Can I tell you how much I'm growing to hate that place? If they didn't have the cheapest prices in town, I would sure as hell go someplace else. But, no, they don't, so there I am. At the very least once a week. I decided to do some of my grocery shopping there, since they have canned goods and Totino's pizza in the frozen food. Which is on the daycare menu for tomorrow... lol.

I'm back to finish the pages that I created today. I shall not regale you with any more tales from the Crypt.....ummm...I mean... ZOO!

3 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

I didn't get my taxes done...I kept getting an error. I was cussing way to much so I decided to work on it another day...

9:45 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day! Good luck to Aaron and his bike riding thingie.

10:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to scrap with greens, ebven Hunter Green. maybe I just take lots of outdoor shots and use the green because it coordinates with the grass in the pics.

I love Totino's, and Qdoba, and scrapping, too! No wonder we are great friends. Plus, maybe I can get my hands on your greens....

10:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home