Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

A Good Weekend.....

.... so I got a pleasant surprise last night. My aunt, who lives in St. Louis, calls me up (which she never does, btw), and starts chit-chatting. Then, all of a sudden, she asks what we were doing that night, and did we want company. Well, I did what my mom warned her I would do, and squealed with delight in her ear, rendering her deaf for a few moments. You see, my cousin, who is wanting to major in communications disorders (speech pathology/audiology), is looking at Butler University, which is less than a half-hour drive away from my house. And, if you live in/near a big city, is nothing, and worth trekking every day. Anywho, she's still deciding between Butler and University of Tulsa. Of course, I think most of us would love for her to be in Indy, but I especially want her just to be happy. I'll be happy as long as she's happy. She's a muy sweet girl, so I would love to be able to spend more time with her.

....Anyway, I went to good ol' Target today, and ran into my friend, Jen, with whom I worked with at that little accounting firm (which, I shall remind you...was NOT involved in the 2001 scandal that brought a bad name to accountants everywhere). She had a little boy the same year that I had the twins, and I got to see his big cute self. Hopefully we'll be able to get together sometime soon with the kidlets.

....So tonight I need to finish up some stuff for my sis-in-law's shower, which is next weekend. And then, I can get going on Kari's album for her sweet girlie!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your coke deprived self does not blog as much as your coked up self. By the way, did you know Sundays don't count in Lent? It's true, if you count Sundays, Lent lasts 46 days instead of 40. So, Technically speaking, you could have coke tomorrow. But if your like me, it's best to just stay off thew agon, cuz once you get back on there's no stoppin'.

7:33 PM

 
Blogger crazed lunatic said...

exactly, judy!!

8:15 PM

 
Blogger Cath said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend

1:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home