Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Friday, September 04, 2009

Life As a Zombie...

... the bouts of fitful sleep are not doing my body good. For whatever reason, each night this week (save last night, when I had a drug-induced coma) has been full of restless sleep. I'd sleep for half an hour, only to wake up and toss for another half an hour. In the morning, I'd get up feeling like I hadn't slept at all. For those of you who know me in real life, this is so not good! Thankfully, I was able to catch a good night's sleep last night.

... soccer started this week for Erin. I still haven't heard from Griffin's coach on when his practices and games are. We were supposed to have heard by now. Nope. ANYWAY, we sat our tushies on the sidelines at Habig field and watched Erin with her first practice. She did really well! If there is something she's interested in, she'll go after it whole-heartedly (wonder where she got THAT from?). She got in the fray of girls running after the ball and really did well with it. I was pretty impressed. She was so excited that she went around last night telling everyone. And then she kept asking us when she would go back to soccer. That's a very good sign, indeed!

... we went straight from soccer practice to get our pictures done at karate. Our pictures this year will be like nothing we've ever done before. One of our own karate-ka has her own business in doing "paintography". If you go to her site and page through the photos, there will be one of a boy punching with some kanji on the side. That is what our photos will look like. I'm pretty excited to get them back. I got a picture of all four of us, and then one of each of us separately. Victoria was so excited to take pictures of the adults. She got both another girl and me with our awesome kicks. Hopefully it turns out well!

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

I wonder if your lack of sleep is caffeine related. If you can possibly live through it, drink caffeine free diet coke instead. Or the lack of caffeine could give you bad headaches and you'll decided you like sleeplessness over headaches.

12:08 PM

 
Blogger crazed lunatic said...

Judy--I've wondered the same thing. I've started going caffiene free after 6pm in hopes that will help. I will continue to start weaning myself off and see if that helps me. I think diet Coke probably isn't the best drink for me anyway... ;-)

12:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home