Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

A Night Out and A Finished Project....

...so I got to go out last night. My assistant, Ashley, came over and stayed with the kids while Aaron and I went to a Mexican restaurant and Birthday/Christmas shopping. I had the best burrito, called a cilantro cream burrito, and Aaron had a Buritto Del Mar (some burrito with shrimp and crabmeat in it...bleugh) and a really good margarita. We then headed to Target to do our yearly spree. It is so easy to buy for the twins, and a lot of fun, too. We looked around everywhere, and every time I would see something she liked, I would do an impersonation of her... You see, every time we're out and she sees something she likes, she screams like a sorority girl about it. She has her own way of saying it, but usually it's a loud "Strawberry Shortcake!" or "Princess!" I can't figure out how to make it read like she says it, but it's absolutely hilarious, I tell you. So, here you have me, a 28 year-old woman saying these things in the middle of Target! lol

Collin, on the other hand, is getting a bit tougher to buy for. As he gets older, his "toys" get more expensive. Gone are the days where we can wear our Santa hats into Toys 'R Us and come out with a ton of toys for fifty bucks. Sad in a way, but understandable. He's no longer at the point where he wants things like twelve-dollar blow up Thinking Chairs. Now it's forty dollar Gamecube games. And that's OK, because every year, we dig a little deeper into our pockets and Santa pulls through for the boy.

And it doesn't matter how much I spend, it's totally the look on their faces that makes it all worthwhile.

***eta: if you want to see the finished project, go look at the scrappingblog! ***

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same with Noah. He wants a Terrain Twiter and battery pack. That's $100.00. Oh, and he'd like game cube games and some Radio Disney cd's. Too expensive. Seth could just have stuff from the dollar aisle at Michaels and be happy.

2:28 PM

 
Blogger Nancy said...

See, now I would love a talking inflatable chair. So it all comes full circle and you will once again you will be able to but him the load of crap for under $50.

5:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you guys had fun at Target! One day he will be easy to buy for...I don't know when that will be, but one day i promise! Gift giving is the greatest joy I think! Hope yo have a happy friday! Ox...t

7:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home