Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ode to Kari


So Kari and I have been friends since about 2004, bonded by the fact that we have had babies born way too soon. We met online at a forum for preemie parents. Olivia is about six months younger than Erin and Griffin. Ava was born in 2005. Both girls are amazing. Kari is amazing herself. And to think it's funny that we met in person for the first time on April 26. I love that Kari and I spent a little over an hour together, face-to-face, sucking down smoothies. And we chatted like we'd known eachother forever. I love Kari's sweet nature. She's real. She's totally in love with her girls, and is an awesome momma. She "got" me and my life at a time when few did. And for that I will forever be grateful.
I totally hate the fact that so much distance separates us. A little over four hours by car.
So there you have it, folks. Another wonderful woman that I call a friend. Love ya, Kari!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome that y'all got to meet! That's the best!

5:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home