Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday!

...and Saturday finds me at home with the kids. By myself. And I'm not complaining. Aaron's helping our friend Curt move. You see, we've known Curt forever. I've actually known Curt marginally longer than I've known Aaron. And Curt, being the true-blue friend that he is, has helped us move. Nearly every time we've moved. Which has slowed down over the last several years (thankfully!), but has been a significant number of times. So, it's only right that we help him move. And since twin six year-olds prove more a hinderance than a help, I'm doing my part by keeping them safely here.



...so am proving myself to be a worthy mom today. I woke up and fixed everyone banana pancakes. And I just got done serving them lunch. Granted, the pancakes were the mix-with-water kind, and lunch was chicken fries courtesy of the Schwan's man. But fed them, I did. After I hose Griffin off, we're going to see Bedtime Stories with Katie and her brood. I'm sorely tempted to go purchase a hip flask for the occasion, but will be good and steer clear of the liquor store.

4 Comments:

Blogger Judy in Indiana said...

Ny kids are dying to see Bedtime Stories, so I hope it was enjoyable. I really am not much of an Adam Sandler fan.

8:14 PM

 
Blogger Auntie said...

Would love to know what you thought of the movie....

8:37 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

I thought it was funny, I laughed the whole time (except for the sad serious parts). It's cute and funny like "Night in the Museum". I give it two thumbs up!

11:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great day Steph, sounds like fun!

1:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home