Life as a reformed Zookeeper. Now living a life as a working mother who dabbles in karate, scrapbooking, and Coors Light!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A Good Birthday....

I don't feel any older? Should I? hehe

Anyway, yesterday was a good day....when six o'clock rolled around and I was seated at a restaurant. Otherwise, it was another day in paradise. *sigh* The kids yesterday didn't realize that the spotlight was supposed to be on ME. Not them. ME. So we had plenty of screaming going on. You have to love the day after a long weekend.

So I went to Applebee's with Aaron's parents. It was nice. They got me two fall/winter tops and a long sweater. And money. Money for my trip! yeeha! I shall not have to take out a loan to go now! My sister-in-law got me a video, a spa eye thingy and some Toblerone chocolate. Yum, yum, slurp, slurp!

When I got home, however, I saw that the birthday fairy came, bearing gifts in a Spongebob bag! Not having a card attached, I didn't know who it came from at first. But, upon examining its contents, had a sneaking suspicion that it came from none other than "Elyse Lane Friend", because Elyse does some wonderful things with painting on ceramic. And not just the type of stuff my Gran used to do, but honest-to-goodness PRETTY stuff. And after I had my suspicions...I listened to my answering machine to find out that it really WAS Elyse. Elyse, I tried calling you, but the phone was busy! *sobs* Anyway, thanks for a fun gift of even MORE spa products (are people thinking I need to pamper myself?? why, I suppose I do, don't I? heheh) and a wonderful ornament!

OK, so hopefully today will be a better day.....and if it's not....well, it's like Thursday for me, as I will be leaving tomorrow for Ft. Wayne! *big, cheesy grins of a Momma who's going to be leaving her children for nearly three days*

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Yeah I think I heard them screaming in Maryland. ;) Glad the rest of your day was fabulous!

7:38 AM

 
Blogger Cath said...

Glad you had a good birthday sweetie!

8:34 AM

 
Blogger Leann said...

Hey I really like the new photo on the upper right hand corner of your blog page!

9:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home